Brainstormer Events LLC ("Brainstormer", "we" or "us") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website brainstormer.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website, whether accessed through a desktop computer, mobile phone or other device, and whether submitted by you or a third party.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- From Brainstormer events in which you participate.
Except as expressly set forth in this policy, it does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us through our CUSTOMER SERVICE page.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, photograph or any other information by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but does not individually identify you, such as your favorite Brainstormer Pub Quiz® venues and trivia subjects;
- billing, shipping address and credit card information, to the extent you make purchases through the Website;
- about your geographic location from which you access the Website; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, including photographs provided by the venue where a Brainstormer Pub Quiz® is hosted.
- From other users, including email addresses that are sent to invite users to the Website, and photographs that are uploaded by members of your trivia team.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, or posting content. We may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, location, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about your geographic location that is provided by the device from which you are accessing the Website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please visit our opt-out page for information on how you can opt-out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
These third parties may have different privacy policies, and we do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
In addition, the Website may provide links to third party sites. These third party sites are not controlled by Brainstormer, and your use of those sites will be subject to the applicable third party privacy policies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents and services to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To provide you with newsletters and other mailings for which you have subscribed.
- To check you in at Brainstormer Pub Quiz® venues, if you enable this feature.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including our Terms and Conditions.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To notify you about upcoming Brainstormer Pub Quiz® events that may be of interest to you.
- To improve the quality of our services, including making our trivia questions more relevant to our users.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please visit our opt-out page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Brainstormer's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Brainstormer about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "Challenge-A-Friend" feature of our Website, Brainstormer will automatically send a one-time e-mail inviting your friend(s) to visit the Website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
When you create an account with Brainstormer, you will be given the opportunity to determine which categories of information that you provide to the Website will be made publicly available. You may update your public sharing preferences at any time on visiting your account page.
We may post photographs of you from Brainstormer Trivia events, whether submitted by you or by third parties. These photographs may be included on the Website, in public mailings or other promotional materials of Brainstormer. By attending a Trivia event, you consent to having photographs displayed on the Website, in public mailings and in any promotional materials. Use of your image is not intended to imply your endorsement of Brainstormer. If you would like us to remove your image, please contact us through our CUSTOMER SERVICE page.
If you choose to send or receive “Virtual Drinks”, you consent to be contacted by the individuals to whom you send virtual drinks, as well as by other individuals who desire to send you virtual drinks. ‘Virtual Drinks’ have no cash value and are solely for entertainment purposes.
If you participate on a trivia team or league, you consent to be contacted by the applicable team(s) and/or league(s) that join or you seek to join. In addition, you agree that by joining a team, the team organizer may set information sharing preferences that are different from your own, and that with respect to team events, the team preferences will control and override your personal information sharing preferences. For example, a team organizer may allow emails about events to be sent to all of the team’s members, even where the individual members have opted out of receiving emails from Brainstormer.
You must provide an email address and ZIP code in order to upload photographs. We will add your email address to our database and you consent to receiving occasional email announcements and newsletters about the services we offer.
If you choose to use the Brainstormer 'check in' function, you consent to Brainstormer’s use of the GPS function on your mobile device for the purpose of providing you with the location of Brainstormer events in your vicinity, and checking you in at such events automatically. A ‘check in’ will be posted publicly, and viewable by other users of the Website.
By entering any of our contests you agree that your name may be posted as a winner or in our table of high scores.
From time to time, Brainstormer may feature certain members on the Website or in emails sent to our mailing list. These features may include your name and/or photograph. Use of your name and/or photograph is not intended to imply your endorsement of Brainstormer. You may opt-out of being selected for these features on the opt-out page.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Brainstormer, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by visiting the opt-out page.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by visiting the opt-out page. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may follow the instructions in such e-mail to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other similar transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by visiting the opt-out page.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Subscribing and Unsubscribing to our Mailing List
At any time if you wish to join our mailing list or no longer wish to receive our newsletter and other mailings you may do so by visiting the opt-out page.
When you play our “Virtual Pub Quiz,” the default setting is that you will automatically be subscribed to our mailing list. You can change the default setting by unchecking the 'Add me to the Brainstormer Mailing List to receive notification of Updates' checkbox.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also contact us via the CUSTOMER SERVICE page to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may nonetheless remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or may have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.